Research Director (South Asia) : Leading Australian University
EduShine is searching for Research Director (South Asia) for leading Australian University. The university is consistently ranked among top 300 universities in the world by QS and Times Higher Education Rankings. It is also ranked among 50 under 50 young universities list.
With long standing presence in India, the university is looking at strengthening it’s research base in India & South Asia region.
- The Director will represent University in India and provide leadership and strategic direction to the research activities of India Research Initiative (“IRI”) and its staff and students.
- The Director will oversee IRI’s operations whilst developing appropriate linkages with Government and Industry to increase the quality, scale, impact and sustainability of research undertaken by the Centre.
- The Director will enhance the international standing of University in India as an esteemed University of cross discipline research excellence.
- The Director is expected to build and maintain a strong network with government and funding bodies in India and utilize this network to identify opportunities for the University.
- The Director is expected to play a leading role in partnership management of our current and future partners and further fostering a closer working relationships between University in Australia and their partners in India.
- Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Implement University’s India research strategy.
- Map strategic areas of importance to support University’s research presence in India.
- Effectively manage the staff of IRI in accordance with the policies and procedures approved by the University and in full compliance with current laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the development of new Centres of Excellence with in Indian institutions, government and industry.
- Ensure that University Senior Management is provided with appropriate and timely information and appropriate recommendations as a basis for strategic decision making.
- Position University to take a lead role in national and international research initiatives.
- Develop and enhance the reputation of University as a provider of high quality research, attracting high quality students who are working in areas important to government, industry and the community.
- Establish and maintain research projects at IRI; in particular, identify specific research priorities and opportunities, encourage high levels of collaboration with Industry and ensure that maximum value is obtained from the intellectual capital and resources of University.
- Enhance the participation of University in Indian government and industry research projects and grants.
Government, Industry and Community Relations
- Being a spokesperson for University.
- Develop the University brand as highly esteemed research University in India.
- Taking a lead role in attracting external research funding to support high quality research. Sources may include national and international funding agencies, government departments, industry and philanthropy.
- Organize joint symposium/conference to position and profile University within the research community, and scientific research bodies.
- Establish a clear point of contact for enquiries about University’s research capabilities.
- Publicise and promote University’s achievements in research to a range of stakeholders including: industry, government, funding agencies, the general community, philanthropists and University community.
- Ensure that, where possible, skills and expertise of University University staff are made known to Indian partners, similarly, that skills and relevant expertise of our Indian partners are made known to University.
- Provide leadership in linking the combined strengths of University and our Indian Partners to provide a quality research capability with industry and government.
- Develop, promote and support collaboration from within University, drawing on relevant expertise from both University and our Indian partners focussing on the needs of industry, government and the broader community.
- Establish deeper industry sponsored research collaborations in areas of University’s strength.